September is IC awareness month. Each year, IC Awareness Month is developed by you, the IC patient. Why? Because IC patients have a LOT to give. You have fresh, creative ideas that are relevant to IC patients. You understand implicitly why its so important to educate not only physicians but employers and community members about IC and pelvic pain. You know what it’s like to fight back when your rights have been threatened. You've also shared the struggle of trying to pay for expensive treatments. You have the passion, the drive and the motivation to make change in the world. By educating others, we can and will make a difference.
It’s time to put the committee together for 2015. Will you help?
(1) Contest organizer & judges to manage our IC Awareness Month poster and art campaigns
(2) Media/Press specialists to develop our media campaign and press materials
(3) Writers to develop stories related to IC
(4) Techies to develop/implement relevant fun activities and/or apps on our website or social networking platforms
(5) Social Networking Guru’s to develop our internet campaign.
(6) Interested, passionate patients who want to help
When:The committee generally works from July through September. Some may only contribute a few hours while others may choose to be more involved on a weekly basis. It is entirely your choice. The gift of your time is greatly appreciated!
Sign Up!If you’d like to get involved and serve on our committee, please send an email with your name, interest (i.e. role you’d like to fill), phone number and best email address at: email@example.com
Stephanie Yeager: Passionate about spreading the word of hope and healing for those like her, influencing a paradigm shift in the medical community toward greater understanding of chronic pelvic pain disorders, and prevention initiatives that may protect young women before onset can occur.