It is estimated that 30 million reproductive aged women in the US alone (20% worldwide) suffer from persistent genital and sexual pain.
My name is Stephanie Yeager and I'm one of these women. After my own journey of misdiagnosis and multiple practitioners I created an educational and instructional video series with a team of pelvic health professionals for other women like me to heal the pain 'down there'.
It's taken 7 years and over $20,000 for this project to get to where it is today. Plus countless personal hours and volunteer hours from our OBGYN Specialist, Dr. Robert Echenberg; our Physical Therapist, Karen Liberi; and Human Sexuality Therapist, Alex Milspaw. Read their Bios here. Watch the preview of the DVD we created by clicking on the second video in the gallery.
Back in 2010, packaging the material as a DVD was the obvious choice. (It is still for sale) How the world has changed even in 7 short years! Would you be a part of bringing the project up to date?
What It Will Take To Launch Forward
$10,000 will pay for the costs of turning the educational and instructional material into an online program. The online program will look like this:
- 6 Month Program
- 10-15 women participants all start together
- All women will meet one on one with the doctor and physical therapist over video conferencing
- New material (video content already created) will be sent to participants every two weeks by an online platform
- Every two weeks all participants will meet as a group over video conferencing with the health coach and aromatherapist (me!)
- The doctor and PT will also join the group video calls once during the 6 months.
- Ongoing support even after 6 months via a closed Facebook group
- All participants will receive a care-package of therapeutic aids: Mindfullness Based Stress Reduction Meditation CD; Secret Sufferings: How Women's Sexual and Pelvic Pain Affects Their Relationships (Book); 4" air-filled ball; Squeeze bottle; and Sample Essential Oils Kit
Our goal is to keep the price for the Pain Down There Online Program very reasonable. The money also allows us to give substantial discounts to the first two groups of women as we're building momentum and gathering testimonies.
Partner With Us
I will be so, unspeakably, thankful for your contribution. Paindownthere.com and the website of Dr. Echenberg get many inquiries from women who are desperate for help and don't have anywhere else to turn. Unfortunately, women's health physicians just aren't equipped or trained in the complexities of pelvic, genital, and sexual pain. (Check out this blog for more info and our call-out for OBGYN education reform)
All Donors will be listed on paindownthere.com as a special thank you (unless you prefer to remain anonymous). Any funding above and beyond the $10,000 will go towards a scholarship fund for women needing financial assistance to participate in the program.
$2000: Aromatherapy Certification for Stephanie Yeager - Essential Oils effect on the central nervous system and our body's tissues support the healing and wellness process in unique ways. We'd be remiss to leave this type of education out of any program that addresses chronic pain.
$5000: Women's Health Coach Certification for Stephanie Yeager - I can't help women in this program as a patient - advocate only. I need to be certified as a health coach to take them through the material, answer questions, and brainstorm solutions to challenges.
$3000: Overhead for 1 year - the online content delivery system, the video conferencing platform and other costs
Looking to have the funds by June 30th.